American First Responder Update on COVID-19
American First Responder is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and helping our customers to do the same. As such, we are closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak according to the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
At this time, we are remaining open to support the healthcare community so that they can focus on patient care. We have reduced class sizes even more to ensure that each student is within the social distancing guidelines. In addition:
– Hand Sanitizer is available at each of our work stations
– No Mouth to Manikin Practice will done
– All Skills Practice will be done with gloves
– All Manikins are disinfected with before and after class
– We are continuously disinfecting ‘high-touch’ area before and after class
In addition, we have added more skills check sessions where you can do most of the course online and come into our office for a brief one-on-one skills check with an instructor. You will receive the same certification card as an instructor-led class.
Recommended online courses and Skills only courses
American Heart Association
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider
American Red Cross
Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED & First-Aid
American First Responder