American First Responder
Forklift Safety Training
Safe operation is critical for any business with employees who use forklifts or other powered industrial trucks. Accidents are a constant – and very real – threat.
To help reduce the risk of accidents, OSHA’s Powered Industrial Trucks Standard requires operators to receive the following forklift training:
- Formal instruction (e.g. forklift training video, discussion, lecture, written materials, etc.)
- Practical training (demonstrations and practical exercises)
- Evaluation of the operator’s performance in the workplace
Forklift operator training and certification is essential to ensure a safe, compliant work environment. For proper forklift certification, operators must be trained on these topics:
- Vehicle capacity and stability
- Operating instructions
- Vehicle inspection and maintenance requirements
- Load manipulation, stacking and unstacking
- Pedestrian traffic in areas where the vehicle will be operated
- Operating in narrow aisles and restricted places
- The requirements of OSHA’s forklift standard
Learn more about forklift training requirements, forklift certification and lift truck operator certification below. Plus, browse our variety of essential safety solutions.
What type of Forklift Certification do you need?
(Same Day Certification’s Available)