National Safety Council
Defensive Driving Employee Mandated (Fleet Safety)
(Individual or On-site)
(Individual or On-site)
Course time: 3 ½ to 4 hours
National Safety Council- Defensive Driving Employee Fleet Safety Course (Employer Mandated)
Protect your employees with the National Safety Council’s Defensive Driving Courses
As with all safety initiatives, training is one of the keys to success. Providing the latest state-of-the-art, most economical, and effective driver training tool is now easier than ever.
Motor vehicle collisions are responsible for more work-related fatalities and also represent the highest worker’s compensation claims of all measured causes. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) statistics tell the facts:
- 95% of all crashes involve human error.
- 1 out of 9 employees will be involved in a collision each year.
- For every 1,000 people employed, 14 will be injured in a collision each year.
- For every 102 injuries, there will be one employee death.
- The annual employer cost of motor vehicle collisions is approximately $350 per employee.
Through market surveys and discussions with state authorities and organizations, NSC has learned that customization of the course to meet specific curriculum criteria or an organization’s needs are strongly preferred as a feature.
DDC 4 6th edition continued to be based on the highly successful DDC 4 instructor-led/classroom- based model, with emphasis on a 4-hour delivery while now allowing greater flexibility to customize for organizations with diverse delivery issues and needs. Decisions on content and activities for the course continue to be based on incident and death rates, Emerging trends, research and knowledge of issues.
The goals of DDC 4 are to:
Influence and challenge participants to change their behind-the-wheel behaviors and attitudes so they will choose to drive safely, responsibly and lawfully.
Provide participants with [new, correct, or reinforced] basic knowledge, skills and techniques to avoid collisions and decrease future violations.
Benefits of DDC 4
There are numerous benefits of the DDC 4 course, including:
- Renew awareness of roadway safety
- Update or refresh knowledge, skills and techniques on defensive driving
- Reduce risk of vehicle collision and personal injury
- Avoid insurance increases
- Expose more drivers to our roadway community goals
- Potential to reduce insurance rates in a (geographical) area
- Create more ownership of our roadway community perspective
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety for employees, their families and the public
- Potential to improve a company’s bottom line since safety improvements lead to quality and reliability improvements
- Reduce collisions, safety violations and employee injuries
- Potential to reduce worker’s compensation insurance costs
- Potential to reduce fleet insurance premiums
- Potential to reduce liability exposure of a company
- Help to meet OSHA standards and other regulatory requirements
- Help companies attract and keep the best employees whom expect safety to be a priority in the workplace
**Check with your employer or the DMV for certification requirements or call us at (800) 573-0106 .**
Two ways of training your employees
Your organization may elect to enroll employees in a Defensive Driving Course (DDC) at our NSC authorized Training Center, See link below to Register an Employee. If sending more than one employee please call us for discount codes.
We can bring all of our classes to you. Whether a business, church, governmental agency, school, or large group, we offer on-site training delivery at your location, saving time, money and lives all at the same time. See link below to request more information about onsite training. See link below: