National Safety Council
CPR, AED & First-Aid Instructor Development Course
Course time: 16 – 20 Hours (2 to 2 ½ Days)
Become an Authorized NSC First Aid Instructor
Teach others to save lives — become a certified NSC First Aid Instructor.
The National Safety Council offers certification in first aid and CPR training, whether you need to be an instructor at your workplace or you’re looking to teach as part of a community effort.
Benefits of Being Authorized by NSC
- The Latest Training Techniques. NSC courses use the newest teaching methods and always meet OSHA and the latest guidelines.
- Recognized Nationwide. As an authorized NSC instructor, you can teach anywhere in the nation, with no restrictions.
- Easy Administration and Recordkeeping. The National Safety Council will take care of your students’ records, so you can focus on teaching.
What you’ll learn:
During this course you will learn new methods that involve, influence and facilitate adult learning while refining your teaching skills. The course covers a proven, standardized method of teaching first aid, CPR and AED with high effectiveness and you will be provided with the reasons and dynamics behind each topic or visual presentation.
In addition to the NSC First Aid, CPR & AED course Candidate Instructors will learn:
- Resources for Adult Educators
- How to teach and facilitate a First Aid, CPR and AED training class
- Recommended Course Preparation Steps
- Pre-Course Activities
- What makes a successful instructor
- Teaching Methods
- Manage Participants
- Testing and Remediation
- Facilitation Skills Practice
- Post-Course Activities
Upon successful completion, you will be required to sign a Training Center/Instructor agreement.
The Instructor class includes the complete Instructor Resource Kit:
- Instructor Manual
- Instructor CD
- Instructor DVD
- Student Workbook
This Program Available in English or Spanish.
**Check with your employer for certification requirements or call us at (800) 573-0106 .**