American Red Cross
(Basic Lifeguarding Blended Learning)
Course time: 7.5 Hr. Online + 19.5 Hr. In-person.
Lifeguard Training includes the following certifications: Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer, valid for 2 years.
Lifeguard Certification course will train and certify participants to be a lifeguard for swimming pool programs. American Red Cross Lifeguard Training is a blended learning format course, with both online and classroom components. American Red Cross requires all Lifeguard candidates to complete Lifeguard Online Course prior to the first class date.
What you’ll learn:
- CPR administration for Adult, Child and Infant victims
- Basic First Aid administration
- Prevention and prompt recognition of aquatic emergencies
- Providing care for Breathing and Cardiac medical emergencies
- General water and poolside safety protocols
American Red Cross requires participants to successfully complete the following prerequisites, in order to receive certification. Refunds will not be issued to participants who do not successfully complete any and all of the course prerequisites and course completion requirements, according to the American Red Cross Standards. Please make sure you are capable of completing the following course prerequisites and course completion requirements before you attend class. Thank You!
- Participants must be at least 15 years old on the last class date
- Participants must complete the American Red Cross Online Course prior to the first class date
- Participants must swim 300 yards continuously, without stopping – using the front crawl or breaststroke only
- Participants must tread water for 2 minutes, using legs only – participants may not use their arms and their face must remain above the water at all times
- Timed Drill (1 minute, 40 sec): Participants must swim 20 yards, dive down and retrieve a 10 pound weight from 7 feet deep, then swim back another 20 yards with the 10 pound weight in their hands using their legs only, Participants must keep two hands on the weight and their face above water at all times. Once the participants reaches the pool wall they must place the weight on the pool deck and climb out of the pool with no assistance. Participants may not wear googles for this drill.
- The American Red Cross also requires the following for successful course completion: participants must attend all scheduled dates and times, demonstrate proficient skills and pass a writing exam with a score of at least 80 percent.
**Check with your employer for certification requirements or call us at (800) 573-0106 .**