American Red Cross
Course time: Varies
The American Red Cross has developed swimming lessons for kids and adults that allow everyone the opportunity to learn in a safe environment, at their own pace so that swimmers at every level feel comfortable in the water before they progress to the next level.
At American First Responder, our swimming classes for kids are tailored to the needs of each child, so that he or she can progress at a comfortable pace. Although some children may advance more quickly or slowly, our instructors ensure that everyone receives the instruction they need.
In the Learn-to-Swim program, parents or guardians of children up to 5 years of age will actively participate in their kids’ swim lessons. This not only helps increase the child’s comfort level in the water, but can help parents understand the process and practice skills with their children between classes.
During their swim lessons, children will spend time on the following six levels:
What they’ll learn:
- Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills: Students will learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it.
- Level 2: Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills: Children will learn basic swimming skills.
- Level 3: Stroke Development: Additional guided practice will help students improve their skills.
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement: Kids will gain confidence during swim lessons, improve their stroke and gain additional aquatic skills.
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement: Guidance allows kids to refine their strokes and become more efficient swimmers.
- Level 6: Swimming and Skill Proficiency: Students will learn to swim with ease and efficiency, and gain the ability to swim smoothly over greater distances. Swimmers will also have the option to participate in more advanced courses.
This class is appropriate for:
- Small children and adolescents.
**Check with your employer for certification requirements or call us at (800) 573-0106 .**